Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have an LG fridge model LFX31925ST/00 and the icemaker is

Hi there,
I have an LG fridge model LFX31925ST/00 and the icemaker is not making ice...
- i turned off the fridge for a day and it briefly made some ice but then stopped again
- I removed any dust from the back of the unit (when I turned the power off)
- my fridge temp is set to 38 and freezer to 1
- water does come out of the water dispenser
- i replaced the icemaker (which I initially thought was the problem) and verified that it works when i add water directly which leads me to believe it is in the line or a valve
I appreciate any advice one what to do next...
Thanks,
Doug

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Any advice?

Hello I am a different tech do you still need help?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
please.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

Replace the valve on the unit, the valves often fail and then the unit will not fill. That happens a lot on that unit.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated....HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks for the reply. I just want to make sure that this is the correct part before I order it and that it may need to be replaced even though I am getting water on the door dispenser (just not the icemaker):LG Electronics AJU72992603 Refrigerator Water Inlet Valve https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AUDAI0E/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_c_api_e-GoybJVWDTKF

Yes that is the right part!

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi there,I ordered the part. Should be here next week. I'll install it and will be happy to leave positive feedback and a tip once it starts making ice again.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi there,I replaced the water inlet valve as you suggested (pretty straightforward) but the icemaker is still not getting any water. Water is flowing to the door dispenser as it was before. Also the ice maker is working if I pour water directly into it.What next?Let me know.Thanks.
Doug

Then either that fill tube to the icemaker is blocked or the icemaker is bad.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The icemaker is brand-new but if it were bad wouldn't that just mean that there would be water in the tray that doesn't turn into ice cubes?I will reexamine the line to see if it is clogged.

See if it is clogged if not the board is the only thing that could be causing that issue then there is nothing else.

Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience: Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
what is the best way to test to see if it is clogged. I see the tip of the hose behind the icemaker. I slipped a guitar string into it and it went in a good bit - I'd say about 1.5-2 ft before it stopped. I assumed that was somewhere near the door dispenser. Is the a panel I should remove to expose the whole hose?I looked online and the board seems like an easy repair. Not that cheap of a part but looks like easy to access.--Doug
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I'm waiting for the board. It should arrive next week. I will install it and the provide positive feedback once I confirm the fridge is making ice again.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I'm getting ice again. Replaced the board. Also left the fridge unplugged so it could have been a frozen line but it is making more ice than before so I'm thinking it was the board. In any case I left a rating as promised and will be happy to leave a tip if you tell me how to do that through the site.Thanks!
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
One last question. It stopped making ice again after it made a lot this morning. I'm convinced that the line is freezing up. Any suggestions how to rectify that?

Try to set the freezer temps up, they have an issue with that due to lack of insulation in the liner.