John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Have a glass top older model Kenmore range with self

Customer Question

Hi Pearl - have a glass top older model Kenmore range with self cleaning over - can not determine procedure to clean oven - can you assist?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I'd say at least 20 years - have looked all over for model number to no av ail - bummer - but..
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I've done it before - the oven locks and then you merely turn the dials on the upper part of the stove
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 11 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Hmm I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to help without a model number since I'm not there to see the panel so I'm going to opt out and if another expert has an idea they will chime in.

Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

The model tag is usually around the oven opening, behind the door at the bottom or behind the drawer on the front part of the frame. Nothing in any of those places?