Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Second opinion] - You just helped me fix my cooktop so I am

Customer Question

Second opinion] - Hello. You just helped me fix my cooktop so I am hoping you can help me with our washing machine. :-) My husband ordered 3 washing machine suspension springs thinking that might solve the problem. They took 2 weeks to come in and it didn't help a bit. The machine is a Kenmore model 110.28922790. The issue is that during the spin cycle there is a loud knocking as it's off balance. Any help would be most appreciated as we have been washing clothes in the bath tub for 2 weeks. Please let me know if you have time to help today. Thank you.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I originally sent this to someone who helped us with our oven. He was unable to figure out what was wrong with our washer so I need another opinion. An update is we have replaced the 3 suspension springs and pads. Unfortunately, we still have the same issue during the spin cycle of our washer. I have attached a video. Thank you. Please let me know if you can help.
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

That sounds like the transmission is trying to agitate and spin at the same time. I believe the transmission will need to be replaced. If you do a load of wash, does it come out all twisted up and in knots?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No nothing is twisted
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

From the sounds on the video, I would recommend the transmission be replaced. Would you like a link for that?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Just looked it up and that's $160. I'm hesitant to pay that much if it could Be something else.
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

Okay, good luck.