Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Kenmore dishwasher model 665.13229N412 with 2 issues. #1 is

Kenmore dishwasher model 665.13229N412 with 2 issues. #1 is the gasket for the detergent dispenser that fits into a spring-loaded cover came out and I want to put it back in the cover. #2 is the panel readout always goes to a cycle of 3 hours and 04 minutes. Is this normal?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: one year old and I just gave you the model number 665.13229N412
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If it is not too tricky, yes.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: NO

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

That gasket likely is not going to go back in place, if it came off it likely tore. You would have to get the dispenser assembly to fix that issue. Now the time should not always come up as 3 04 that is not correct and you may have a bad board on the unit if that always comes up no matter what you select.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The gasket is not torn. It looks brand new and intact. This is a Kenmore dishwasher. Is the board normally covered by a manufacturers warranty, or am I out of luck that I did not buy the extra-cost maintenance agreement?

The board is only covered for 1 year other than that you would have to buy the part...sorry!

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated....HAPPY HOLIDAYS!