Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My LG dishwasher does not drain. I have cleaned the filter

Customer Question

my LG dishwasher does not drain. I have cleaned the filter after each load but will still will give a drain code and not drain. There is no blockage in the drain hose.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

Do you have a model number located on a sticker around the front frame of the TUB and can be seen if you open the door so that I can better assist you?

And to be clear you are getting an error code telling you it won't drain correct?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
LDF755IBB
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

OK perfect. Well the filter inside may stop the washer from washing properly but it won't stop the unit from draining. If the unit won't drain and you're sure the drain hose is clear, remove the drain pump to make sure there isn't debris blocking the drain pump impeller. If that all checks good, reconnect everything and put the end of the drain hose under your sink into a 5 gallon bucket. Make sure it won't drain into a bucket and if it doesn't, you need a new drain pump. Below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE for drain pump

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I can get it to drain into a bucket and that will work for a few loads but than it will not drain again. I do clean the filter after each load.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

It's possible you have a floating restriction in the drain hose so I would probably just replace both the drain hose and the drain pump and be certain the issue is fixed.

A floating restriction is when something gets in the hose like a plastic bag and it will flap sometimes and stop water but most of the time it lays flat and doesn't affect the water flow.