John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

See this thread: what does it take to fix it? on and off for

Customer Question

See this thread: http://www.justanswer.com/appliance/40xmk-ge-profile-range-oven-bake-probe-lights.html what does it take to fix it?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: on and off for a while but more frequently lately.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: unlikely
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I'm trying to find out how to resolve it so it doesn't keep happening and the oven will be reliable.
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: GE profile gas double oven and it's 1 1/2 years old. The part was replaced after about 7 months and was good for a while but it's been happening more frequently lately. It often resets or I can get it to reset by switching the electrical power off for a while.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 10 months ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Well as stated in the thread the lights flashing is an error code that the oven temperature sensor wires are either shorted to chassis ground or the wires are touching each other.

So you will need a Volt -Ohm meter and test the oven sensor wire harness to see if it is shorted to chassis ground or if the wires are just touching each other.

Now the biggest question !! Do you have a Volt-Ohm meter and know how to use it? to be able to do any component or voltage testing

And Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?