Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My lg top load washer has in the tub. Leaving dots on

Customer Question

My lg top load washer has brown slime in the tub. Leaving brown dots on clothes. Tried clean washer cycle and brown slime came back a few washes later.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I think it has been 24 hours....no response yet
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 9 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

You should pop the top on the unit and remove the outer tub top and the inner drum to see if anything got into the unit. There really is nothing on the unit other than rust that may have formed on the spline where the tub rides on that could be causing that issue. If you remove the drum you should be able to clean it all up though.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.