How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Appliance Guru Your Own Question
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 14793
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Appliance Guru is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Before we go any further, we need to know if you are

Customer Question

Before we go any further, we need to know if you are familiar with the GE induction Cooktop model JP691OK1WG. We have the power module opened up to try and replace the power rectifier. Cannot seem to find that part to replace. Don;t want to pay money if you don;t know this unit.
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 9 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

When you say rectifier do you mean on the board itself?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

We are not sure it is the power rectifier or if this model uses one. We were following a thread that recomended this as a fix. We bought the bridge rectifier but cannot find a matching part now that we have the burner removed.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

The 1000V rectifier bridge we bought is a 36MB100A-ND. Cannot seem to find this part under the burner that isn't working. So, if this model doesn't have a bridge rectifier, and we have replaced the fuse, what else might it be?

Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 8 months ago.

The power module is likely bad, but there are almost no parts available for that unit. Almost everything including the power module is discontinued. I would say you may want to start looking for a new unit.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.