Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

I have a GEsidebyside with water through the freezer door.

Customer Question

I have a GEsidebyside with water through the freezer door. The ice maker is working but water will not diapense
JA: What's the make and model? And have you checked the settings recently?
Customer: The make is General Electric side-by-side. Model #: GSH25JFTA CC Serial #: GL245221
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If it isn't too complicated, other wise I will bring in a tech.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The filter was replaced less than six months ago, and the ice maker works but water doen not dispense
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 9 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

The water inlet valve on the unit needs to be replaced the valve is a dual valve and has two valves one for the ice maker and one for the water dispenser, so one can work while the other does not but its all one part so it needs to be replaced.

Refrigerator Water Inlet Valve Assembly

Part #: WR57X10032 - click here

here is a video that shows how to replace the valve, the unit in the video is not your exact model but its the same valve and the same replacement procedure.

click here for video

******************************************************************************

Since I have given you the initial answer I ask that you go ahead and rate the answer by clicking on the 5th star to the right on the star rating system and any follow up questions will be free and of course I will continue to help until your issue is solved. If you can't figure out how to rate the answer please let me know.