Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

I need to reset my maytag mhwe450ww washer, 4 years old

Customer Question

hi
JA: Hello. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: I need to reset my maytag mhwe450ww washer
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 4 years old mhwe450ww
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I replaced the mcu because it was bad. It caused the circuit breaker to trip mid cycle. Now the washer cycles seem to be off.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. What exactly is happening?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
When I was washing close, the house circuit breaker tripped. After further investigation, the MCU in the washer was burned. I replaced the MCU but now the wash cycles seem to be off. When I run the diagnostics test, everything runs as expected.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 9 months ago.

Ok now what do you mean by off? Running to long or not finishing cycles?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It never goes into full high speed spin cycle. After washing a load today, it appears the cycles to be 1 step behind. For example, when it should be draining, its rinsing. So when its time for the finial spin, it goes to done.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Like the washer is picking up where it left off when the MCU blew.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 9 months ago.

Ok now when you say you replaced the MCU was it the main control board or the motor control board you replaced?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Motor control board. It had a burned trace.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The one at the bottom of the washer.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
is there a way to reset the washer?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 9 months ago.

Well the only reset is to unplug it for up to 5 minutes and then plugging it back in. It should reset it that way. If that does not work I think the problem is with your main control board itself. When the motor control went bad it triggered the main control board as well.

https://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Maytag-Washing-Machine-Main-Control-Board/WPW10283493/4443997?modelNumber=MHWE450WW00&ss=a11b4i1995d1057302&mr=1

This has your timer and everything in there.

I hope you have found this information helpful and would be willing to rate with 5 stars at the top so I am credited for my time. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The link you sent is not the main control board for my washer. I've already pulled it and inspected it so I know what it looks like.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Even though it passes the full diagnostics test, you suspect the main control board?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 9 months ago.

Well if things are not finishing like they should and cycles are not reading correctly it is the only logical explanation.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 9 months ago.

I noticed that your question was still open so I wanted to follow up with you to see how its going?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I replaced the main controller board and have the same issues. The final spin cycle is still slow but in diagnostic mode it goes high speed and everything passes.