Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Anyone familiar with a the piece-of-shit KitchenAid Superba

Customer Question

Anyone familiar with a the piece-of-shit KitchenAid Superba Built-In Convection Microwave Oven and the crap error codes it displays?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 8 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

What is the complete model and code?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The model number is ***** The latest code is F1 E5. I have just about every tool known to man....
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I need confirmation that you are familiar with this specific piece of junk! I have spent hundreds of $ on techs only to have them tell me "yep, there is something wrong with it"....
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The last tech told me the one of the door switches was bad. After more than 4 months to get the switch, I installed it, only to get the latest F1 E5 Error Code....
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Are you familiar with this specific piece of junk?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hello?

Yes that is a microwave inverter board failure code. You will need to replace the imverter when that happens, that unit is a piece of junk I do agree.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have replaced the inverter twice, no change...

DOes the code come up right away?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
If I place a coffee cup of water in the microwave and select 2:00 minutes it goes about 45 seconds and then beeps and produces the F1 E5 code.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I can power it off, clear the error code, get it to say Good, Good on both the oven and microwave, then try and heat the coffee cup of water and the error code appears again.

Have you checked the magnetron tube?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Replaced the magnetron with a new one....
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The past error codes indicated that was the part that was failing....

If you replaced both of those and that code is coming up you may have a control issue as not much else would cause that

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
What does a "control issue" mean?

The main control board that receives the input would be bad then part #W10118735

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
One of the3 techs that came here said I needed to replace the W10460454 control board.

That board could cause the issue as well, but the interface for the microwave also can I have replaced both at one point for a similar issue on that unit...that thing is a nightmare.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Part #:   W10118735
NO LONGER AVAILABLE
This part has been replaced by W10460454

Yes that is correct it does sub to that same number I thought you were talking about the other board, I would replace the one I listed and it subs to the new number correct!

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I did replace that one. That specific part number you provided is no longer available and has been replaced with the number I provided.

Ok so what have you not replaced?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The only two boards I have not replaced are the Microwave Appliance Manager (per the documentation that came with the unit) and the other board that has the clock and manages the oven.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
That would be the 'Microwave user interface board' which appears to work just fine...

I would say you either have a cable issue or a grounding issue possibly causing that, the appliance manager board could be bad I have replaced that for a similar issue. Other than that I am out of ideas