Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have lg front load washing machine. Door won't open. Water

Customer Question
has drained and its cool JA...
I have lg front load washing machine. Door won't open. Water has drained and its cool
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your LG is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It's lg true steam true balance. Looking for model
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Wm2501h*a Hope too
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: You've got model number
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
11/19/2016
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 1 year ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

If the door will not open you will have to remove the screws on the back edge of the top panel. Slide the panel straight back and lift it off. Once off you can reach down by the latch assembly and pull the release and open the door. The wiring could have come off the latch or the latch may be bad.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician