Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Can I attach a charcoal filter kit to a GE Microwave

Customer Question

Can I attach a charcoal filter kit to a GE Microwave JVM3160DFWW
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I purchased it today and is still in the box. I need to vent inside.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: #084691254959
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: JVM31600DFWW-OTR
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

So yes, you can attach a charcoal filter to your microwave. It's supposed to be installed behind the vent grille above your oven door so if you remove the vent panel, you install it directly in the middle of the microwave above the door area. The Part number you'd need for this unit is WB02X11550 and it costs about $30.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?