Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I cleaned my cooktop yesterday with a spray cleaner. Today,

Customer Question

I cleaned my cooktop yesterday with a spray cleaner. Today, we hear the spark, but no flame.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: New stove top, first time.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Of course
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no Just trying to make breakfast. No flame.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 8 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

If the electrode got wet the spark will not jump correctly and the unit will not light. Make sure you have all the burner caps on correctly and the small holes on the burners are clean where the electrode is. These things will cause it not to light.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.