Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

Our dishwasher just quit and the control panel is dead.

Customer Question

our dishwasher just quit and the control panel is dead
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: jetclean eq plus
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: its 15 years old
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 10 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.
Please provide me with the model number of the unit you are needing help with so that I can give you model specific information, as soon as I get that information I will get your answer prepared as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Where do I find that information

here is a video that shows where the model number tag is located on maytag dishwashers - click here for video

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
model mdb9150awb serial27213165aa

Thanks for getting me that information give just a moment to look up your model, thanks.

There are several issues that could cause the panel to not have power, one you need to verify voltage to the unit and make sure it is getting power and that your breaker has not failed. If the unit is getting power from the wiring from your home then you will need to check the door switch for continuity if the door switch has failed then no power will get to the board. If the door switch is good then the board will need to be replaced. You will need a ohm/voltage to meter to make these checks. The only thing you can do if you do not have a meter for testing is try killing power at the breaker for a few minutes restore power and see if the unit resets, if not you will need to either buy a meter and test the things I stated above or have some one to the trouble shooting for you. The parts you may need to replace are listed below:

Dishwasher Door Latch Assembly

Part #: WP99002292 - click here

Dishwasher Electronic Control Board

Part #: WP99002825 - click here

******************************************************************************

Since I have given you the initial answer I ask that you go ahead and rate the answer by clicking on the 5th star to the right on the star rating system and any follow up questions will be free and of course I will continue to help until your issue is solved. If you can't figure out how to rate the answer please let me know.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
ok I will check them and get back, thanks

sure let me know what you find, thanks.