How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask John Your Own Question
John, restaurant equipment technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 2136
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
John is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Where can you get a transformer for a Panasonic Microwave

Customer Question

Where can you get a transformer for a Panasonic Microwave convection oven #NE -9870C ?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Panasonic #NE-9870C 20years old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: The transformer caught on fire
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: where can I get a transformer for this particular model
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer. Panasonic no longer makes home appliances or provide replacement parts for those they produced in the past. Your transformer is probably still made by the manufacturer for present day ovens. If you take yours to an appliance servicer, he or she should be able to find a workable part for you. If the transformer has a model number on its body, you might even find a replacement on the internet. If you can provide any information you see on the part, please let me know, and I'll help you find a replacement.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.