Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

Fridge has shut down breaker is on is there an off on

Customer Question

fridge has shut down breaker is on is there an off on switch
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: ge profile gfe28hshcss year old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: want to any ideas why it quit
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry you have been waiting on a response. I am only just now seeing your question. Sadly there is not an on off switch if your fridge is still shut down what has happened is your main control board and failed and will need to be replaced. Now you can try cutting the power to the unit at the breaker leaving it off for 5 minutes. Also verify there is power coming to the outlet. If there is power coming to the unit and it still does not come on after the power off then your main control board will need to be replaced.

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part-number/WR55X25622/0046/363.html

This is the part I am referring to you will need to replace.

I hope you have found this information helpful and would be willing to rate with 5 stars at the top so I am credited for my time. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.

I noticed that your question was still open so I wanted to follow up with you to see how its going?