Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a kenmore 75621300 oven that isn't maintaining

Customer Question

Good morning. I have a kenmore 75621300 oven that isn't maintaining temperature.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: About 14 years old. the exact model is listed above
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: possibly.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don't think so. I am looking at a question for the same stove with a similar problem on your webpage
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 11 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

To start, the model number you have listed seems to be missing the first 3 number, can you look at the model again to see if you can get those numbers? Also, since I don't have the model number what kind of appliance is this? Is this an oven or refrigerator or??

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
362 oven....

OK perfect, thank you. So this appears to be a gas oven. Most likely you have an igniter going weak if you haven't replaced it yet and the oven is 14 years old. Igniters are only designed to last about 8 years and then they will get weak and not pull enough amperage to open the oven gas safety valve correctly and then it may open and close when it should stay open, or just crack open etc. If you hear the oven turning on and off when it should be preheating, that means you definitely have a bad igniter because the oven should just turn on and stay on. If you had an amp clamp you could test the amp draw of the igniter and it should pull 3.2 amps if it's good, if it pulls less then it needs to be replaced.

Other than that, if the igniter is not the issue, then either you have a bad oven sensor or a bad display relay control board. You can't test the board but you can test the sensor. Open the door and remove the 3-4" long thin metal rod attached to the back wall. There are 2 screws holding the sensor on that you can remove and then pull the sensor forward until you can disconnect it. With a multimeter, check the resistance of the sensor at room temperature and it should be about 1080 ohms. If it's not, replace the sensor, otherwise you need to replace your relay board.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?