John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Model #79661522210 KENMORE ELITE Residential Dryer. Check

Customer Question

Model #79661522210 KENMORE ELITE Residential Dryer. Check filter light wont go off even though filter has been cleaned
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: S/N is 211KWXD2X626
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yep
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Nope just want to get her fixed
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 11 months ago.

###########################################################################################
Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Have you checked the exhaust air flow out side the home to verify that the vent is not the issue?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Nope I am going to pull away from wall and check vent. I will try that and get back with you
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ill being doing this after lunch thanks

ok great!

Because if the venting to the outside if the building is restricted it will also give you a filter error ~

Let me know what you find please.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Venting fine. Completely clean filter. I took filter assembly apart to vaccum. Everything is clean. Still check filter light flashing. I unplugged and pugged in also

And you have tested the sir flow all the way to the outside of the building?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Yep nothing in there
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Maybe the lint sensor

ok so the filter is clean the filter housing is also clean and the vent to the outside of the building is clear .

Here is what the manufacture states about the check vent error code.

A blinking CHECK VENT indicator means the external venting should be checked for potential restrictions as soon as possible.

The CHECK VENT indicator will remain active (blinking) until the restriction is resolved AND the control has verified the improved airflow for several cycles. After the exhaust is cleaned repaired, it will take or several cycles for the CHECK VENT indicator to reset and turn off the light.

Have you run it a few times so that the control can reset itself?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I will run a few loads and let you know

The service manual also states .

NOTE: The CHECK VENT indicator is designed to measure performance over several consecutive cycles before activating or deactivating, to avoid false alarms. A very large load, such as a large comforter, could cause the CHECK VENT system to sense that the exhaust system is restricted, but this would not cause the light to blink. However, if several large loads were to run back to back, the CHECK VENT indicator could be activated.

ok no problem.