Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a whirlpool WTW6800WW1 washer, WTW6800WW1 washer

Customer Question
I have a whirlpool WTW6800WW1...
I have a whirlpool WTW6800WW1 washer
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: WTW6800WW1 washer serial number CO1170113 presently the washer stops just before the drain and spin cycle, we need to open and close the lid and then manually set the cycle to continue. I do not know the age machine and wonder if this is a major problem and if it would be costly to repair
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: it easily goes out of balance and sometimes has difficulty wit sheets and blankets
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
11/16/2016
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 1 year ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

From what your describing you have a lid switch issue.

Does the lid seem to close properly?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Up until that point the washer seems to work properly

ok but in order for the unit to go in to a drain and spin you have to open the lid and then close the lid once again correct?

Just want to be 100% sure

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The washer totally shuts offf. Error code oL. And then we need to dial to drain and spin and turn power back on before it completes cycle

ok the error Ol means the unit is sensing an overload.

what type of load are you washing?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
All different size load even small loads

ok so then the part that senses this is the rotory position sensor.

it will need to be replaced.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

https://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Rotor-Position-Sensor/WPW10178988/1668992?replacedManufacturerPartNumber=w10137685?rcaid=1000070

if you have any questions just reply back to me.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Would this be costly?

if you open the link it give you the part number ,the price and you can even order the part from the link.

The price is shown as $25.21

I see you have not rated me as of yet!
Even after you rate me if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you ,but rating me is the ONLY way I get paid for my time

Master Tech
Master Tech