Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

I cannot remove the roll pin that holds the planetary onto

Customer Question

I cannot remove the roll pin that holds the planetary onto my Kitchen Aid K5ss mixer. I have used more force to try to punch it out than should be necessary and the piece that remains (yes, it sheared off and there is a piece still in the middle) will not budge. I have tried loosening with wd40 to no avail. Any suggestions?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: K5SSWH, 30 years old.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: nope
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 11 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 11 months ago.

I see the last person has opted out of your question!

My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

If there is still part of the rollpin in the shaft you will need to drive it out with a pin punch .

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
That's what I've been trying to do and it won't move. I'm reluctant to use too much force with the punch.

that`s all you can do is beat it out

I see you have not rated me as of yet!
Even after you rate me if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you ,but rating me is the ONLY way I get paid for my time