Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I just changed filter and the water has filled my kitchen.

Customer Question

I just changed filter and the water has filled my kitchen. The minute I unscrewed it, the water has stopped.
JA: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?
Customer: Problem is severe as the kitchen and pantry are flooded. This just happened 5 min ago
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I would prefer if you can have someone come over today
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

First, make sure you have the correct filter for your model. If so, then either your filter o-ring isn't sealing up so return the filter and get a new one, and if you install the new one and it starts to leak again, it means your filter receptacle needs to be replaced because it's not sealing up properly with the filter anymore.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.