Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My mother burned up her GE model JE2160CF Profile microwave

Customer Question

My mother burned up her GE model JE2160CF Profile microwave that was built in to the cabinet. Had a small fire actually but the fire burned out quickly leaving a strong smell and of course, it doesnt work now. My question is where do I go to find another one because this one is no longer produced. All her appliances are in bisque. That is the real problem. Need a bisque color match to keep everything the same color
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: GE Profile JE2160CF It's approx 8 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Nope
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No, I don't think so
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
i JUST SPENT $28 TO FIND OUT HOW I CAN REPLACE HER "BISQUE" GE MODEL JE 2160CF MICROWAVE. I AM LEAVING BECAUSE I HAVE AN APPT BUT BETTER HAVE SOME KIND OF RESPONSE WHEN I GET BACK THAT RESOLVES MY ISSUE. SICK OF RIPOFF THINGS ON THE INTERNET. WE LIVE IN ST GEORGE UTAH WHICH YOU PROBABLY NEED TO KNOW
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 10 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

Here is one that would work

CLICK HERE

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.

Just let me know if you got that link.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
This is a total ripoff. If you read further down the page, the old trim kit won't work and they have discontinues the trim kit for that model so what good would that be????? She doesn't need to sit it on her cabinet top. I want my money back. You either refund it or I will go to Paypal and dispute it.
I have researched this on my own and lost the info I had. The info you sent me is useless.