Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Maytag just stopped working no air flow lights are on, 8

Customer Question

maytag just stopped working no air flow lights are on
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 8 yrs
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: maybe
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: msd4321
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

Can I get the full model number located on a sticker near the ceiling of the refrigerator section so I can better assist you? The number you have listed isn't quite correct.

Also, do you not hear anything running at all? The unit is silent but the lights inside are on?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
msd2641ksu
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
unit is not running, lights are ON
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

OK so if nothing is running it means that your unit is stuck in defrost mode which means your defrost control board up inside the control panel attached to the ceiling of your refrigerator section has failed and needs to be replaced. Below is a link to the control board you'd need to order and replace and its mounted against the left side wall just below the ceiling inside the control panel cover.

CLICK HERE for part

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.