Tom Goellner, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  32 yrs. experience servicing major appliances and HVAC equipment.
6636336

How to drain a frigidaire refrigerator for winter? 1 year

Customer Question

how to drain a frigidaire refrigerator for winter?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Frigidaire is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 1 year old double door freezer on bottom.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: ????
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: how to drain the water
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. What is the model number of your fridge? Also what do you mean by drain it? Are you not going to be using it?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The owner of the refrigerator lives in Delaware and goes to Florida in the winter I want to drain all the water from the refrigerator so that it doesn't freeze
Expert:  Tom Goellner replied 10 months ago.

Tried calling you. If this refrigerator has ice and water dispenser in the door the best way to get rid of the water is to connect an air compressor to the 1/4 line that goes to the fridge from the house water and with the fridge plugged in hold a glass under the water dispenser until all the water is out and only air is coming from the dispenser.