John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Washing machine made two large bangs in spin cycle and didnt

Customer Question

washing machine made two large bangs in spin cycle and didnt stop spinning. Machine was shut off and two pieces of plastic were found looked like they broke off. The model number is ***** Any idea what this could be Was told this is a common problem with whirpool washers
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 5 year in Feb. Model number is ***** or g 2
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Contemplating obtaining a service contract unless the cost of repair is prohibitive
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Can you take a picture of the 2 plastic pieces and use the paper clip above this text box to attach them so I can see what broke off?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I don't have access to them my tenant who is in school may be able to pic them later and send to me

OK just send me a picture when you can and we can go from there because without knowing what broke it's hard to know what is wrong.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok

talk to you later.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No issue resolved thks

ok good luck