Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I just purchased a KitchenAid cooktop and the adapter that

Customer Question
connects the blower motor to...
I just purchased a KitchenAid cooktop and the adapter that connects the blower motor to the vent hose is different thus I can't connect the blower motor to the vent hose. Where do I go to get a different adapter?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: just purchased model number is ***** The blower motor has a round outlet and my old Jen Air was square.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no that is it
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/14/2016
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 1 year ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Any hardware store will have that transition piece, you will just need to measure the outlet. I believe they are 6" but be sure to measure. If you post the diameter, I can get you a link to order online, if you prefer.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the diameter of the blower outlet is 5 inches. Does home depot sell these?

Yes, I am certain they do. Let me have a look real quick. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

What is the ducting you are placing to the range? There should be a transition on there like the one below.

CLICK HERE

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
there is one it is plastic but the old cooktop had a square blower outlet and this one is round so it does not work. I will head to home depot to purchase the one you showed me in the picture. Thanks

You should be in good shape, it is called a transition.

Please know that I am compensated by the site only after you offer a rating at the top of the page. It is my goal to provide 5 star service!

Please know I am here if you have follow up questions! Thank you so much!

Kelly, Appliance Technician