Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a Samsung front load washer app 8 yrs old. Model

Customer Question

I have a Samsung front load washer app 8 yrs old. Model wf328aaw/xaa. When the power button is turned on pump starts running with nothing to pump. Selecting a wash and pressing start turns the water on and it is imediately pumped out then in about 10 minutes the water will stop but the pump will continue to run dry. Ocasionally I will get an nf error. Mechanically everything to work as it needs to. I don't know what senses the water level but suspecting some like that or some other electrical control, relay is stuck closed.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Wayne Ely.***@******.***
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: It is about eight years old and yes I normally do my own work.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Garment light comes on and do not even know what that is and when set in rinse spin it will not spin until about seven minutes pass. When pause button is pushed everything stops like normal except the water pump. Pushing the power button is the only way to stop it.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 11 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

You either have a bad pressure sensor a clogged up pressure tube or the tube may be broken. Remove the top and tube from the pressure switch and blow through it it should be clear into the outer tub, if so you should replace that sensor and most times that will solve the issue.

CLICK HERE PRESSURE SWITCH

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.