Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My Frigidaire Professional refrigerator makes ice, dispenses

Customer Question

My Frigidaire Professional refrigerator makes ice, dispenses water but not cubes (whole or crushed). What could be wrong?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. What is the make and model number of your unit it could be something as simple as the blade that is the issue. What does the ice look like when it comes out?

Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

If it is not dispensing cubes then you need to check power to the auger motor. There should be 120 volts to the auger motor. The switch is likely working since it dispenses water fine so either the auger motor is defective, the wiring at the door hinge could be broken or lastly the actual dispenser control could be bad. First check that power to the auger motor itself and the wiring at the door hinge.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated. Appliance Guru