Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

The OVEN of my GE model PGS908 gas slide-in range will be on

The OVEN of my GE model PGS908 gas slide-in range will be on for about a minute then the digital display will go black and the oven turns off. In another minute or two the power returns to the control display but the oven stays off. The burners of the range top work fine, without turning itself off. Please let me know what you think the problem is.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Model #PGS908SEP1SS, bought 6 years ago
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Depends what needs to be done but I would probably call a technician
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

The main board in the range needs to be replaced its shorting out for some reason or another and dropping voltage.

The replacement board is listed below:

Range Oven Control Board

Part #: WB27T10833 - click here

********************************************************************************

You are billed by the site regardless if you rate the answer or not the only thing you are doing by not rating is keeping me from being compensated for the time I have taken to help you. So please rate the answer before you leave today, THANK YOU

You rate the answer by clicking on the star rating system at the top right of the question page. Since I have given you the initial answer I ask that you go ahead and rate the answer by clicking on the 5th star to the right on the star rating system and any follow up questions will be free and of course I will continue to help until your issue is solved. If you can't figure out how to rate the answer please let me know. If you do not rate the answer can you please at least let me know why you did not so that I can possibly do what is needed to deserve the rating. Thank you in advance.

Hi there,
I was just getting back with you, I see the question is still open and unrated and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I will rate the response, just want to see if the new part resolves the problem. Gratefully, Robert

Sounds good, thanks.