John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

In door ice container won't come out, even with button

Customer Question

in door ice container won't come out, even with button pushed. Whirlpool refrigerator...
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: About two years old, and do not know what exact model ...It is two door type, freeser on left...
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, have emptied the ice container...
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: There is a release button on the right side which I push as hard as I can, and still there is a hangup when I try to remove the container. In fact, I really don't have to but can't understand why it won't come out...
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I want to continue
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

Usually, that is caused by ice build up. Can you use a hair dryer to warm the area under the ice bucket to see if it is frozen?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Is this a continuation of my previous request ?
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

I only see this request open.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
let's resume...there is no ice in the container...I removed it all. I just can't remove the container, even though I push the button on the right side...
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

Did you heat the area below the bucket to insure there is no ice or frost holding it under there?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I can get my fingers in, and there is no ice in the lover container. The agitator rotates easily.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Are you there?
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

I am here.

Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

Did you heat the area below the bucket as instructed?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Is there anything else you can suggest as to why the container won't separate? If not, let's terminate the call. And thank you. Please sign out if there is nothing else to be done.