Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

How can I fix the bottom broken handle of microwave? Model

Customer Question

How can I fix the bottom bro***** *****dle of microwave?
JA: What's the microwave's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Model JVM3160RF255, Serial GF239574A, April 2015
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: how to take it apart
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

So to start, unfortunately this handle is rather expensive and if the bottom of the handle broke, gluing it is just a temporary fix and it really just needs to be replaced. The handle part number is ***** But to even replace the handle you need to take the door apart which is quite difficult so below is a video that shows you how to take the door apart. Now the video makes it look easy but that door has likely been taken apart a dozen times because it's clipped in much tighter and it's difficult to pry the door apart.

CLICK HERE for video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?