Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My maytag Atlantis dryer begins to heat when first started

Customer Question
then sometime the heat turns...
My maytag Atlantis dryer begins to heat when first started then sometime the heat turns off and the load never gets dry.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
11/11/2016
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 1 year ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

This is actually a very common issue but one that is easily resolved. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok

In the diagram at the link below, numbers 7 & 8 are the solenoids on the valve that are weak and will need to be replaced.

CLICK HERE

The video at the link below will show you how to get access to them.

CLICK HERE

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

Please know that I am compensated by the site only after you offer a rating at the top of the page. It is my goal to provide 5 star service!

Please know I am here if you have follow up questions! Thank you so much!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I checked the solenoids and they were ok.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What else should I check. I started the dryer, watched the ignitor glow, the gas valve opened and had a flame. I let it run a couple minutes, turned it off then tried starting it again with no success. The ignitor didn't even glow.

How long did you allow it to run?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I let it run for a couple minutes at the most.

The heat will cycle on and off, allow it to run for a bit to see what happens. You cannot run it without the front panel on, though, the air flow will not be as it should and it will not cycle as it is designed.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I did run it without the front panel on, so I will put it back on and see what happens

Okay, keep me posted.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It heats up when I first turn it on, goes through 1 heat cycle, then never heats up again. That's what it has been doing with a load of clothes, but even without clothes it's doing it.

You need to replace those gas coils...trust me on this... ;-)

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Will do. I appreciate your help!

You are very welcome, thank you!

Kelly, Appliance Technician