Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

How do I take out my Jenn air gas cooker top? CG206B, Yes,

Customer Question

Hi, yes how do I take out my Jenn air gas cooker top?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Jenn-Air is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: CG206B
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not that I know of
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 11 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Removing the cooktop can be quite difficult depending on how your installer installed the unit, but it starts by opening up the cabinet below the cooktop and flipping the circuit breaker off or unplugging the cooktop. Disconnect the venting below the downdraft motor and look for the brackets around the outer edge below the cooktop. Unscrew the mounting brackets and then the cooktop should just push up and out of the cooktop. Sometimes installers will run silicone under the cooktop so if it won't budge, slide a razor under the cooktop above the counter top, then push up to pop it out.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?