Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Error code f22 on whirlpool wfc7500vw1, it is 6 yrs old

Customer Question

error code f22 on whirlpool wfc7500vw1
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: it is 6 yrs old WFC7500VW1
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: not that I can think of
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

So error F22 means that the washer thinks there is a load inside the washer when you are trying to run a clean cycle. If you are trying to run a clean cycle, you can't have clothes inside the washer. The clean cycle is only to clean out the tub and washer itself.

Now if this error is coming up when you're trying to run a normal cycle, that is a problem. Try to unplug the washer for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset. If that doesn't work, your main control board is just corrupted and would need to be replaced.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
it was on clean cycle and no clothes were in the machine
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

Ok well then the issue is not likely worth fixing. The washer bases the load on the amount of strain the motor is getting. If the bearing starts to drag it will cause more friction which causes it to think there is a load inside when there is not. The entire rear outer tub would need to be replaced to resolve that issue and that's about a $600 repair so it's probably just best not to use the clean cycle anymore.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?