Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

We have a Kenmore Elite HE3t Steam Modelpurchased in 2/2009

Customer Question

We have a Kenmore Elite HE3t Steam Model(###) ###-####purchased in 2/2009 front-loading automatic washer. In the beginning of our problems a few months ago it would read F35 the SUDS. We replaced the analog pressure sensor. That didn't work, it immediately read F35 when washing. Then we replace the mother board. Our repair man cleaned out the pump, checked the soap dispencer which it works. Just this morning when I began to wash it started running water right away and then drains, it read SUDS. I turned it off and tried again it finally pushed its way through to wash but the last few minutes the washer will blink F35 and you have to press the stop button twice to get it to go off and unlock, which takes a few minutes to do. We have exhausted what to do and its very frustrating trying to wash. Any suggestions We unplug to reset but it really doesn't help. HELP lol.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: it is years old and where is the model number. I finally have it washing so I don't want to stop it. It is 7 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: probably not. We have a local older gentlemen who is trying to help us.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not that I can think of it just continues to do the same thing after we try to solve the problem Our service man has done this for 40 years and he is at a loss.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

When you get both F35 and Suds it means that either your main control board "CCU" has failed. I know you replaced this already but this error is common enough that if you're still experiencing the issue you need to return the control board and get a new one because it came faulty.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
We have replaced the mother board twice and it has done the same thing.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
We have replaced the mother board twice with a brand new board
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

There is nothing else that can cause the problem other than the pressure switch and the mother board and the pressure switch, I would replace them together in case they are causing issues with one another.