Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a question about a Thermador PC486GLBS Dual fuel

Customer Question
range. JA: I'll do all I...
I have a question about a Thermador PC486GLBS Dual fuel range.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: This is my first time with this specific issue.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I was hoping to
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Other than the actual issue, no.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My Thermador range has one burner that will not spark. I can smell and her gas and will light if I ignite it manually, but no spark from the range on that burner. All other burners work fine. I need to knwo how to fix it, including how to access the spark module and other components.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
11/9/2016
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 1 year ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you!

Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago
travis webb

I noticed that the other expert opted out here. Chances are since it is only one burner not lighting on its own then the problem is with your spark electrode and will need to be replaced.

https://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Thermador-Range-Stove-Oven-Spark-Electrode/00189324/1014099?modelNumber=PC486GLBS%2f06&ss=a13b115d968296&mr=1

Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

This is not your unit but a video on how to replace a spark electrode

https://youtu.be/U0VcfMJPaiY

If you have found this information helpful all I ask is you rate with 5 stars at the top so I am credited for my time. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I may have given you the unit number for a cooktop. Mine is a range and the correct mode is pd484ggbs but I think the cooktop and this range are compatible.
The link to the manual takes me to a page not found. And the instructions are not really helpful. The Thermador range top is significantly different from the video. The burners are sealed and the top itself does not tilt up. I can't see where the correct fasteners (screws) are that need to be removed to get to the electrode. It's not a standard flip up cooktop as far as I can tell. How do I get to the electrode? Do the burners themselves come off from above the cooktop?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can someone help me with my questions above, please?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Relist: Incomplete answer.
The answer was not very helpful.
travis webb
travis webb
travis webb