How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tyler Z. Your Own Question
Tyler Z.
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 81253
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Tyler Z. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In my apartment building, several apartments were seriously

Customer Question

In my apartment building, several apartments were seriously damaged by a flood caused by a ruptured washer hose .( Not a Maytag product and not my apartment). To be on the safe side I'd like to replace the hose on my front-loaded machine with the strongest one available most likely with steel
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: yes.MAH2400AWW, and it's dated August 2008.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: no.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Yes - what about installing a shutoff valve nearby? I can't get behind the machine.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 months ago.

What you'll want to install is a flood safe hose which is going to be stainless steel braided and if it were to ever burst like the end fitting on the hose ruptured or something like that, it cut the water flow out because it detects too much water flowing too quickly. You can pick up a flood safe water supply hose at Home Depot in the appliance section.

As for installing a shut off valve nearby for more safety, you'd have to get a plumber out and that can get quite expensive I'll warn you.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?