Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Bosch dryer starts runs 2 minutes and shuts down, 3500 lic,

Customer Question

Bosch dryer starts runs 2 minutes and shuts down
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 3500 lic
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: That's all its doing
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 11 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

When the dryer shuts down can you start it right back up or do you have to wait a bit?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Starts right up

OK then that can only be caused by a bad moisture sensor or bad control board. Open the door and look below the door way. There are 2 metal bands that run parallel with one another. Those are you moisture sensors so if they don't sense andy wet clothes touching them it'll stop the cycle early. Try to clean these with white vinegar and a rag. If you still have a problem then you'll need to order and replace the main control board.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.