Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Start button flashing and machine won't start. top buttons.

Customer Question

start button flashing and machine won't start. top buttons. Control lock now flashing and won't stop
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?
Customer: l trying to read it. it's tiny
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: mdb7759sas0
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: was able to start it before when this happened by pressing start and normal at the same time. that no longer works
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

This issue could be a bad touch control panel or it could be a bad door latch that doesn't think the door is shut. TO know which one is at fault, just turn the control panel off and press the start button. If the control panel illuminates, then you have a bad door latch switch, otherwise you have a bad start button on the control panel and the entire touch control panel needs to be replaced to resolve this issue.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
CONTROL LOCK LIGHT WILL NOT GO OFF
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
START RESUME STILL FLASHING.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

Press and hold the control lock button for 5 seconds and see if the light will go off. If not, then your control panel is just shorted and needs to be replaced.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?