Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

How do I defrost a welbiet refrigerator with no defrost

Customer Question
button JA: Just to clarify, what's...
How do I defrost a welbiet refrigerator with no defrost button
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?
Customer: It is sooooo old I found it in the basement when I bought the house 49 yrs. ago. don't remember defrosting it before.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
11/9/2016
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 1 year ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

To defrost the refrigerator you will literally need to unplug the unit and just put towels inside on the floor inside the refrigerator to gather all the water when it defrosts. You can speed up the process by using a hair dryer if you prefer.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc