Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

The ice/water place on my refrigerator is not working

Customer Question

The ice/water place on my refrigerator is not working correctly
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: The refrigerator is 2 years old. I can't find the model
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If I can. I think it's probably a minor part.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: When it is dispensing ice or water, sometimes it will just quit -- the light indicators will flash, and then it will start again after a couple of tries
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

Do you have a model number located on a sticker near the ceiling of the refrigerator section so I can better assist you?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The model is DSE26JSEDCSS
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

So this issue is somewhat common on GE refrigerators in general but it means that the main control board on the back of the refrigerator behind an 8" x 10" sheet metal panel is beginning to short out so that board will need to be replaced. Below is a link to the control board for your model number. It's all plug and play so if you're handy you can definitely swap it out in about 15-20 minutes.

CLICK HERE for control board

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I had someone else fix it. He soldered two wires together in the bottom front of the refrigerator, and it works fine now. If I had continued here it would have been so expensive that I would have bought a new refrigerator instead.