John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Please. I have a new whirlpool top loader. W10783951A that I

Customer Question

please. I have a new whirlpool top loader. W10783951A that I accidentally dropped some very small nails into. They are under the center piece. I can see them in the crack. I don't want to use the washer with them there for fear of damaging it. But I can't seem to get the center piece off to get them out.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: brand new.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: sure if I can.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Well looking at my guide it has W10783951A on it. I am assuming that is the model number. I did pull the little plastic piece off the center piece and saw where the nut is, but I can't seem get that loose. There are only 6 or 7 nails in there, but I'm sure they will cause damage
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 8 months ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.

My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.

The model number is ***** the lid at the rear of the opening on top loaders .If you open the washer lid ,
under the lid NOT on the lid ,but under the lid at the rear of the opening will be the manufactures model and serial number on a silver tag.