Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Jenn Air model 22 dishwasher (about 13 years old) has

Customer Question
stopped pumping water. Can...
Jenn Air model 22 dishwasher (about 13 years old) has stopped pumping water. Can hear it trying to run, there's water at the water supply and when you open it, nothing is wet and nothing has been spraying
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Jenn-Air is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Sorry, that was the motor amps.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: The numbers inside are E39927 LR111720 JDB1100AWS and 26134756GE
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It also seems like its not filling with water even though there is water at the water supply
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
11/7/2016
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 1 year ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

This dishwasher had a seal kit re-designed due to this problem. The issue is that the shaft that attaches to the motor strips out because it was made of plastic so the motor runs but it can't spray water to wash the dishes. The shaft has been re-designed and is metal now so below is a link to the kit you need to order and replace. It comes with instructions.

CLICK HERE for kit

Now if no water enters the dishwasher at all so there is none on the floor, then you just have a fill issue. If you're positive that the dishwasher is definitely getting water from your house then you either have an issue with your electronic water valve underneath the washer or your float switch is stuck in the up position. Open up your door and look in the front corner of your dishwasher there is a plastic circular float device. Wiggle this up and down and make sure it's in the down position. If it's stuck in the up position it will not fill. If it still doesn't work and you looked under the dishwasher and you don't see any wires unplugged then you will need to order and replace your electronic water valve.

Now if you have a multimeter, you can do one more test to confirm the valve is bad by testing for 120 volts across the 2 wires going to the electronic water valve. If you have 120 volts and it's not filling, then your valve is definitely bad.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc