Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

Iwent to use my washer. When iI turned the dial to the

Customer Question

Hello, Iwent to use my washer. When iI turned the dial to the setting I wanted to use, I pulled out the knob and it will not work.
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It is a Maytag stack washer and dryer Model LS7804 I would say about 10 years. The only part of the cycle it will work on is spin. I used it this morning and it was fine
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No way
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I was wandering what could be wrong with it.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 8 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

There could be a few different things wrong, if its not putting water in at the start of the cycle it could be the water inlet valve has failed and so its not filling up with water and if that is the case its not going to agitate because the water level switch has not been satisfied to send power to the motor to wash. If it is filling with water but will not wash at all on any cycle but it will spin, it could be a bad timer.

********************************************************************************

You are billed by the site regardless if you rate the answer or not the only thing you are doing by not rating is keeping me from being compensated for the time I have taken to help you. So please rate the answer before you leave today, THANK YOU

You rate the answer by clicking on the star rating system at the top right of the question page. Since I have given you the initial answer I ask that you go ahead and rate the answer by clicking on the 5th star to the right on the star rating system and any follow up questions will be free and of course I will continue to help until your issue is solved. If you can't figure out how to rate the answer please let me know. If you do not rate the answer can you please at least let me know why you did not so that I can possibly do what is needed to deserve the rating. Thank you in advance.