Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My grandson was playing with the buttons on the front of the

Customer Question
dishwasher and now nothing will...
my grandson was playing with the buttons on the front of the dishwasher and now nothing will come on.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: doesw10195615b make any sense? Still looking for model or make. its a kitchen aid, but im still looking for the model. And no i don't know how to run a diagnostic
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Just hoping for some sort of re-set or something. I was working before my grand son started playing with the bottons.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I'm still looking for the model
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
11/6/2016
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 1 year ago
Joel Swenson

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

open the door on the dishwasher and look on the right side of the unit frame behind the door and there should be a tag that has the model number and serial number listed, soon as you give me the model number I will be glad to help you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok stand by
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 1 year ago

will do thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
model kuds30ixss4 serial f13712700
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 1 year ago

thank you for finding that information give me just a moment.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 1 year ago

he may have activated the child lock system on the unit, press and hold the control lock button for 3 seconds or until the control lock light turns off and the unit should be back to normal. If that does not work then kill power at the breaker for 5 minutes restore power and try and run a cycle. If that does not work let me know and we will see if it will go into diagnostic mode. In the meantime please read below, thank you.

********************************************************************************

You are billed by the site regardless if you rate the answer or not the only thing you are doing by not rating is keeping me from being compensated for the time I have taken to help you. So please rate the answer before you leave today, THANK YOU

You rate the answer by clicking on the star rating system at the top right of the question page. Since I have given you the initial answer I ask that you go ahead and rate the answer by clicking on the 5th star to the right on the star rating system and any follow up questions will be free and of course I will continue to help until your issue is solved. If you can't figure out how to rate the answer please let me know. If you do not rate the answer can you please at least let me know why you did not so that I can possibly do what is needed to deserve the rating. Thank you in advance.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok Give me sec.
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 1 year ago

sure no problem let me know how it goes.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no light at all on front of dishwasher. Killed the breaker for 30 sec , no result
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i think my grandson confused the computer like he confuses me!
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 1 year ago

ok so if there is no power at the panel and nothing is working then he must have blew the control board fuse between the board and interface, when the fuse blows it kills power to the interface so the fuse has to be replaced. Its located in the control panel by the board. I have listed it below:

Fuse

Part #: W10195528 - click here

The part comes with replacement instructions.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
thank you. I'll order and try it. cross your fingers, and yes, I'll go to the top and rate you
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 1 year ago

Thank you very much, let me know how it goes and if you need more help with anything just let me know.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 1 year ago

Hi there,
I was just getting back with you, I see the question is still open and unrated and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?

Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson