Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

I have a Samsung dishwasher model dmt400. The machine does

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Samsung dishwasher model dmt400. The machine does not power on. I do have power going into the lower circuit board. Currently have the lower panel and door removed
Category: Appliance
Expert:  AppTech8579 replied 10 months ago.

If there is power getting to the unit and it still does not power on then the control board is faulty and needs replaced.

Using the Star Rating Chart at the top of your page and rating me at least a 5 star is how I receive payment for helping you. Please if you do not understand my answer, don't hesitate to ask for more help. BONUSES appreciated.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
There is power at the lower circuit board the wires then run up to the on and off touch power sensor. Are you referring to the lower circuit board or touch sensor?

No its in the door. CLICK HERE.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Just put in the part you suggested and $150 later still doesn't turn on

Do any of the cycles run?

Any flashing lights or error codes?

Let's put the unit in service mode.

See Pic below.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok I'll give it a try when I get home.. but the upper control panel doesn't light up at all.doesnt ever attempt to turn on.. I have power to the power pannel via the black main wire.at the power circuit board.. do you know which wire should be feeding power to the upper control pannel?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Tried service mode, nothing lit up
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 10 months ago.

Hello another expert here my name is***** see the other expert opted out so I will be the one who will try to assist you. It sounds to me like the problem is with main control board which should be located at the base of your unit.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Finally got to replacing the the control board and wires.. dishwasher still does not turn on or light up. What's left to check or replace. Also checked the door latch and that seems to be working properly
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 9 months ago.

wow this is crazy the only things that should have stopped it from lighting up you have replaced. Now this may sound like a dumb question but have you verified power to the unit?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ya I have power at the main control board and the the upper panel make a click noise when you plug it in like a relay is energizing
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 9 months ago.

At this point the only option left is the display board being the problem. Nothing else can be causing this.

http://www.appliancepartspros.com/samsung-assy-display-dmt400-de96-00846a-ap5577167.html

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
That's the part that I changed first
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
the upper control panel was replace I thought the one you sent was the circuit board on that, but it does look different.. where is the board located? I don't see anything from where it is located on the parts diagram
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 9 months ago.

so the panel you ordered and installed actually had the circuit board (new one) attached to it? I did not realize that. If it did then this is the part that goes inside the control panel. It is making no sense at all why this is no longer working. Let me check with another expert to see if there is something I am missing and not thinking of. Give me a few minutes please.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
the upper control panel had a circuit board.. the only input wires for it came from the lower circuit board that was also replaced
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Can anyone give me an electrical diagram for the dishwasher