Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

XL washer is shaking and making a loud noice in the spin

Customer Question
cycle mode. The noise is...
XL washer is shaking and making a loud noice in the spin cycle mode. The noise is just starting recently and the washer is level.
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Bravos XL top loading. Model MVWB850YG bought November 2011.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Nothing beyond trying to re relevel.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
11/6/2016
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 1 year ago
Joel Swenson

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

If its making a loud roaring noise in spin and shaking then unfortunately the spin bearing is shot and is very common on those units when they get some age on them. If you want to do the work yourself I have provided all the information to do so below.

click here to open the bearing replacement training guide

click here for a video showing how to replace the bearing

here is the special bearing tool you will need Bearing Driver W10447783 - click here

and here is the bearing kit you will need to order

Tub Seal and Bearing Kit W10435302 - click here

********************************************************************************

You are billed by the site regardless if you rate the answer or not the only thing you are doing by not rating is keeping me from being compensated for the time I have taken to help you. So please rate the answer before you leave today, THANK YOU

You rate the answer by clicking on the star rating system at the top right of the question page. Since I have given you the initial answer I ask that you go ahead and rate the answer by clicking on the 5th star to the right on the star rating system and any follow up questions will be free and of course I will continue to help until your issue is solved. If you can't figure out how to rate the answer please let me know. If you do not rate the answer can you please at least let me know why you did not so that I can possibly do what is needed to deserve the rating. Thank you in advance.

Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson