How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Webb-Guy Your Own Question
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 1829
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Webb-Guy is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is there a unit, regardless of manufacture, that could "line

Customer Question

Is there a unit, regardless of manufacture, that could "line up" and replace a Jenn-Air wall mounted countertop vent unit (JXT80336ADS)?
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 9 months ago.

Hello Gary and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you.

Here is a similar model that should fit in its place and comes in two different colors. May I ask why you are replacing it? Is it no longer working?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Obviously found the link!
I was told that this model is no longer being manufactured, and other than filters and a couple other basics, parts are no longer available. This unit is 10 years old and I've been told the wiring and switch relays are shot. I'd like some similar in size, etc., for easier replacement.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i need a unit that ties into already in place square exhaust duct. Are you familiar with the design of the Jenn-Air?