AppTech8579
AppTech8579, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  worked on appliances for around 15 years
76126576

I put dishwashing liquid in my dishwasher by mistake and now

Customer Question

I put dishwashing liquid in my dishwasher by mistake and now i am gettting an e-15 message
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: bosch (apartment size) SPE53U55UC
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes if we can
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: it went though an entire cycle. Now I hear a motor running and the machine won't shut off
Category: Appliance
Expert:  AppTech8579 replied 11 months ago.

E15 means that water is in the base pan below the dishwasher and it is in flood mode. Uninstall the dishwasher and tip it forward at a 45 degree angle to drain the water out of the base pan.

Using the Star Rating Chart at the top of your page and rating me at least a 5 star is how I receive payment for helping you. Please if you do not understand my answer, don't hesitate to ask for more help. BONUSES appreciated.